Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Triumphant Return

So yeah, it's been awhile.... I figure consistency is what makes a great blog and I haven't really displayed that recently. Fortunately, this is not a great blog so I get a free pass after this absence.

How then will I make it up to my ones of adoring fans? With something that you're probably seeing every blog in the world do right now... a bracket style contest between pop culture phenomona that do not have anything to do with basketball.

So how is this going to work? Basically, for years when I asked the question, "So what's your favorite album?" I have answered the same way: The Clash's London Calling... no doubt. Recently though, I've begun to reevaluate this and am starting to question my response. This is not to say that the Strummer, Jones, and Co.'s magnum opus isn't still number one... simply that I'm ready to consider the fact that I've moved on to something else. So over the next several weeks we're gonna have a little tournament of albums vying for my affection and the much sought after #1 spot on my list. Seeds and regions are posted below:

Indie Rock Region:
#1 Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
#4 Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

#2 Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
#3 The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow


Rap/Punk Region
#1 The Clash - London Calling
#4 Dr. Dre - The Chronic

#2 The Clash - The Clash
#3 Husker Du - New Day Rising

British Invasion Region
#1 The Beatles - Rubber Soul
#4 The Kinks - Part One Powerman v. Lola and the Moneyground

#2 The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
#3 The Beatles - Revolver

American Rock Division
#1 Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
#4 The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

#2 The Replacements - Let it Be
#3 Nirvana - In Utero

No comments: